BSc (Hons) Lic.Ac
Bachelor of Science degree with a Lisentiate in Acupuncture -
London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (LCTA), affiliated University of Portsmouth,
Masters degree in Chinese Herbal Medicine -
School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster
As a member of a professional regulatory body, the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), I observe the Codes of Professional Conduct and I am covered by medical indemnity insurance.
Further professional development and specialisations
My interest in Classical Chinese medical texts brought me to further clinical studies with a well-known Shang Han Lun practitioner Dr. Huang Huang of Nan Jing, China.
I continued my classical learning at the Institute of Classics in East-Asian Medicine (ICEAM), the world-wide canonical medicine school, under the instruction of Dr. Arnaud Versluys. Dr. Versluys was able to "calibrate" my perception of ancient medical texts - Shang Han Lun and Jing Gui Yao Lue by Han dynasty physitian Zang Zong Jing (150-219 AD) - in a way that the mere archeological curiocity became a modern-day clinical manual.
I progress into my Jing Fang studies (Classical Herbal Medicine) under Dr. Suzanne Robidoux - not just a teacher, but my spiritual guide and role model.
In my acupuncture practice I prefer Japanese style to the "standard Mao" TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) style. The 2012 study trip to Osaka, Japan, with Kiiko Matsumoto sensei is a highlight of my acupuncture CPD.
Recently I also started to introduce Yuan Qi style into my practice with amazing results. This style comes out of ancient Chinese tradition, introduced by Dr. Suzanne Robidoux.
- Immunity: autoimmune disorders, allergic conditions, including Chron's and ulceritive colitis, Grave's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Neurology: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, post-stroke rehabilitation, headaches, restless legs
- Endocrine disorders: thyroid, pituitary, and other hormonal issues
- I have undertaken further integrated post-graduate studies in fertility acupuncture and herbal medicine, covering IVF acupuncture support, treatment of infertility with Chinese Herbal Medicine, acupuncture and herbs in pregnancy.
- I am constantly updating my knowlege and understanding in the field of natural fertility and assisted reproduction techniques (ART), trying to help couples to conceive naturally, to avoid invasive IVF techniques, where acupuncture can only play a supportive role.