BSc (Hons) Lic.Ac
The Bachelor of Science degree (University of Portsmouth) with a Lisentiate in Acupuncture from The London College of Traditional Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (LCTA) in 2004.
The Masters degree in Chinese Herbal Medicine from the School of Integrated Health, University of Westminster in 2008.
As a member of a professional regulatory body, the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), I observe their Codes of Professional Practice and am covered by medical indemnity insurance.
Further professional development and specialisations
My interest in Classical Chinese medical texts brought me to further clinical studies with a well-known Shang Han Lun practitioner Dr. Huang Huang of Nan Jing, China.
I continued my classical learning at the ICEAM (Institute of Classics in East-Asian Medicine), the world-wide canonical medicine school, under the instruction of Dr. Arnaud Versluys. Dr.Versluys was able to "calibrate" my perception of ancient medical texts - Shang Han Lun and Jing Gui Yao Lue by Han dynasty physitian Zang Zong Jing (150-219 AD) - in a way that the mere archeological curiocity became a modern-day clinical manual.
Japanese style acupuncture
In my acupuncture practice I have moved from standard Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to Japanese style, following my acupuncture sensei Kiiko Matsumoto.
The 2012 study trip to Osaka, Japan with Kiiko Matsumoto is a highlight of my acupuncture CPD.
- Immunity: autoimmune disorders, allergic conditions, including Chron's and ulceritive colitis, Grave's disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Neurological issues: Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, post-stroke rehabilitation, headaches, restless legs
- Endocrine disorders: thyroid, pituitary, and other hormonal issues
- I have undertaken further integrated post-graduate studies in fertility acupuncture and herbal medicine, covering IVF acupuncture support, treatment of infertility with Chinese Herbal Medicine, acupuncture and herbs in pregnancy.
- I am constantly updating my knowlege and understanding in the field of natural fertility and assisted reproduction techniques (ART) including IVF and IUI.